ClaraBeat Classes 3-5year olds
“ClaraBeat Classes” helps your child embrace and develop their creative spirit.
Tuesday 10:15 – 11:00am Age range: 3 – 5 year olds
Class length: approx 45 minutes
A blanket becomes a superhero’s cape. A cardboard box doubles as her princess castle. Pots and pans become a drum set. And she sings all the time. Sound like someone you know? Every day brings a new discovery as your preschooler slowly opens the doors of individuality and independence.
Using the power of music, Clarabelle’s Cottage ClaraBeat classes tap into your preschooler’s creative spirit and boundless energy and focuses on developing their learning strengths and self-confidence so they’ll be ready for school, prepared for future music lessons…or able to leap tall buildings.
What you’ll experience in class
• Pretend Play. Pretend play activities are integrated with music, vocal development, storytelling, listening, movement and literacy aspects of each class. When based upon a child’s real life experiences, pretend play helps develop language, sensory, motor and cognitive skills.
• Musical Variety and Singing. Activities include a mixture of musical genres and styles and provide a setting for your child to explore their many voices and to use a “singing voice.” Singing helps with memory and recall, physical development, creativity and socialization.
• Storytelling and Literacy. Each class is built on the development of a story, so you’ll hear preschoolers search for the word to say what they mean and try to keep up with their busy minds, emerging wants, needs, likes, and dislikes.
• Parent Involvement. Preschoolers are learning to be self-sufficient in a group setting of peers, while many times still needing the emotional security provided by a parent. They’ll experience both in ClaraBeat, caregivers participate in the last 10 minutes of class. Plus the special Home Materials pack ensures the learning continues at home with your child’s best teacher—you!
• There is a developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and children especially for ages 3 to5 years
• On-going enrolment, with new and exciting themes
• Weekly 45-minute class includes a variety of activities, with the last few activities in class shared with parents
• We also offer some amazing suggestions for home materials including activities, recipes, books, the music used in class and instruments.