ClaraWiggle Classes – 2 years to 3 years
“ClaraWiggle Classes” helps your toddler blossom and grow right before your eyes!
Tuesday 9:15am – 10:00am Age range: 2 years to 3 years
Class length: approx 45 minutes
For your toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world around them. Despite their growing independence, toddlers still long for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, they relish the comfort of familiar things while seeking new challenges.
Clarabelle’s Cottage ClaraWiggle classes encourage them to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while your active participation gives them the security they need. As you play instruments, sing, move, and explore, you’ll uncover an engaging musical world while building your child’s confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
What you’ll experience in class
• Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development. Your child will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead to discovering their potential for beat, rhythm, and melodic ensemble playing.
• Vocal play. Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Clarabelle’s Cottage ClaraWiggle classes, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
• Exploration Time. Your child will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds and movements.
• Story time and early literacy. Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help your child learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
• Movement Activities. Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
• Together Time. Clarabelle’s Cottage classes are the essence of quality time, allowing you to make the most of the fleeting toddler years and giving you the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
• Expert advice. We explain how our musically based activities enhance your child’s complete development.
• Developmentally appropriate curriculum for parents and toddlers 2 years to 3 years old
• On-going enrolment, with new and exciting themes
• Weekly 45-minute class
• We also offer some amazing suggestions for home materials including activities, recipes, books, the music used in class and instruments.